One month already?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I hope you all had such an amazing week! It was a great week here. A great learning week for sure! Thank you for all the emails and support & love. It means more than you know!  Love you all!

Okay, all of the new missionaries here are so nice! I have loved getting to know them. The schedule ran pretty much the same this week. (sorry I wish I had more exciting stories to tell). They postponed our proselyting activity to this coming Saturday, so we are going to proselyte this week instead! The Spanish is coming along! I think what has helped the most is that my companion and I have literally thrown English out the window and we are just trying to speak in Spanish 24/7. I am starting to think in Spanish now and I'm learning so much everyday. Who would've thought that in just 4 weeks I could say prayers, a dozen memorized scriptures, hundreds of new words and phrases and teach lessons in Spanish.. The gift of tongues is so real! I still have so so so much to learn haha but wow it's amazing how much more I can learn with the spirit. My goal this week was to find joy in all of the little things. For example, the grounds of the CCM are beautiful & call us cheesy, but just about every time my companion and I walk outside, we will be like "Hermana, we are in PERU!" & we keep reminding ourselves how cool it is that we have this amazing opportunity to be in such a great place serving the Lord. There's no place I'd rather be!

A few highlights of the week: On Sunday, my companion and 2 other Hermanas & I did the musical number in sacrament meeting. We were able to get an arrangement of Savior, Redeemer of My Soul & I played the piano and they sang. It turned out super pretty! There is a man named Carlos who works in the office here and he is so nice. He took my camera out to the city to get it looked at and they can fix it for me, Yay! During Physical Activity each day, I run & walk with Hermana Higginson and Hermana Stout, they have grown to be such good friends of mine. Luckily Hermana Stout is coming to Arequipa with me (crossing my fingers we can be companions in the future) & sadly Hermana Higgingson is going to Trujillo :( I will miss her so much! Yesterday for Valentines Day, my comp & I made Valentines for all the hermanas and decked out our whole hall in pink. It looked like cupid had shot his arrow straight here to the CCM haha. It was so fun. Oh and the temple is easily a highlight of every week. I loveee the Lima temple.

I think my favorite times of the week here are Sunday & Tuesday nights. On these nights we get to watch a devotional from a general authority. We watched the best devotional this past week that has really stuck with me. It was a talk by Elder Bednar on the character of Christ. The main message of the talk was to focus on others. Christ turned OUT when the natural man would turn IN. I know that this mission is not about me. I have really felt myself being humbled this past week because I know I need the Lord's help so so much. I am coming to know him better each and every day here. I am so grateful to be a missionary. It's such an honor to represent my Savior! I hope you all go out and serve someone this week:) Make it a great one!
xo

Hermana Wood
Mosiah 3:19





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!