The Sweetest Little Man

Tuesday, February 27, 2018


Espero que todos tuvieron una linda semana! This week was crazy. Lots and lots of appointments (which is really good), divisions, meetings, and its nice to finally breathe a little!

A few updates: the Roque fam is practically our family here. They have stolen a really special place in my heart and its been amazing to see their progress! Valentina (the 11 year old) will be baptized on Saturday! Then the next week Paty (the 19 year old) and the next week Maria Jesus (the 14 year old). They all want their own special days? ha but its alright because it works out better with their schedules this way. The ward has helped us BASTANTE with them. Even yesterday Maria Jesus was so stressed for her big final test this week and the bishop and his counselors went straight to her house to give her a blessing when they found out. I am so grateful for the help from this ward!

Yusara, Ximena and their fam have also been our other family here. It's crazy to think that a month and a half ago Yusara was completely inactive and now they are so motivated to be faithful, going to every church activity/meeting, praying and reading the scriptures everyday as a family, and inviting other families to their houses for family nights.. wow a huge change. 

An interesting story that happened this week. Tuesday I was getting over a sickness and felt weaker than ever. We had district meeting and I was just praying to make it through with the energy that I didn't have. After the meeting we had to take a combi back to our area. I don't know if I have talked about the combis here before.. maybe if you look up a picture of a Peruvian combi you can get a better feel of what they are ha. But practically it is our way to get around here. They are the buses without seatbelts that drive a little crazy with everyone standing up, and they can get pretty squished. Between my companion and I we were carrying about 20 Books of Mormon to our area. When we got onto the combi with our books and all, I was wondering "how am I even going to make it 10 minutes on this thing today..." I noticed a little man who got on the combi with us (about 60 years old more or less) watching me. I saw him whispering to someone sitting down, and within seconds the man sitting down moved and this little man (who should've taken the seat) told me to sit down. I told him no, the seat was for him, but he got a little mad and forced me to sit down in the open seat that he had freed up for me. After barely even being able to thank him, he hopped off the combi. I looked out the window to see where he was going, but he was gone... no where to be found. It was like he disappeared! I don't know exactly how it all happened, but it has had me thinking all week. I know our Father and Heaven hears and answers our prayers. Every single prayer, when we ask with faith! This was a huge tender mercy for me and I am so grateful for this little man that gave me the boost to keep helping others, like he helped me. ha

Things are going well here and I am more grateful than ever to be a representative of my Savior. Love you all and praying for you always! Have a great week. xo

hermana Wood
Alma 56:47-48
pictures: A few of the divisions, because this picture of a few of virginas daughters makes me happy: valentina, genesis, and ruby. and chicken feet.. the classic plate here.









No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!