Spiritual High

Tuesday, April 3, 2018


As Elder Uchtdorf said.. I am HAPPY to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

How amazing was conference? I feel so blessed to be a missionary in this time of great change! A super strong spirit-filled weekend. So many favorite talks and sayings that hit me hard, so I am just going to write a couple of the notes that stood out to me most:


-pure LOVE is the true sign of every true disciple.


-we are to be forgiving even when it seems that others may not want our forgiveness.


-success: going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm


-repentance is his plan, KNOWING that we will fail.


-Put exclamation marks behind the prophets teachings!


-"You think my dads a good guy at church? Hes an even better one at home" (this is 100% true with my dad, so I loved it)


-In our prayers, ask the Lord what we can do to act in the situation, rather than asking for him to change the situation.


-Spiritual impressions are life savers.


-BEHOLD the man.


-Save individuals rather than perform tasks.


-Be ONE.


-Want to know your purpose? Come unto Christ.


-Sadness? Open the Book of Mormon.


-Keep Christ as the center of our lives, in ALL things, in ALL places.


"Our heavenly father is constantly saying: "I LOVE you. DONT give up."


-The spirit doesn't force himself into our lives.. we are free to choose.


-By small and simple things, GREAT things come to pass.


-The little decisions in private, make a big difference. (use time wisely)


-Keep paddling to move upstream to our eternal goal.


-Say YES to the revelation we receive.


-Love love love love love everyone!!!


This is a gospel of pure love!


Oh how I love conference! So, that was a huge highlight of the week. Another fun story.. so Monday night we closed off the night with a family night, with a Book of Mormon message, with Brayan and a few other families. It went super well. After, and at 10:26 pm we were finishing the night with companion prayer. We had just kneeled down and the phone started ringing. I looked to see who it was and it was Brayan. We weren't going to answer because it was already late, but at the same time it made us worried to see Brayan was calling late, so I answered. The phone call went a little like this me: "Buenas noches Brayan, cómo está?" Brayan: "Hermana wood...... .... ..... yo me quiero bautizar. ya!" ya English version: Me: "Good evening Brayan, how are you?" Brayan: "Sister Wood.. ..... ... I already want to get baptized!" It made us so happy ha, he had received an answer clear as day in the family night that we had. He has his interview at 6:00 today and will be baptized this week! So stoked for him.


Thank you for all the love and support, it means so so much. I have the greatest supporters in the whole world! Go make it a happy, faithful week! xo


(Oh and as President Ballard invited us to do, go write in your journal about the sacred occasion it was to be a part of sustaining a new prophet!)


Hermana Wood


James 5:16

Pictures: Pday lunch with the other Tacna Hermanas. The sweet drawing Hermana Cejas made me after divisions this week. After helping Ximena clean her house this week, took advantage of pants and handstands! & my cute comp







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!